Monday, October 1, 2007

Book Reviews...

are apparently quite subjective. I just finished a book that was touted as "poignant", "funny", and "hard to put down". I will not acknowledge the title of the book here in my blog because it doesn't deserve that much recognition. I skipped whole pages at a time just trying to see if the poignant and funny part was just waiting around the corner. And get this! The publisher has the nerve to provide a readers guide with discussion questions as if literary individuals everywhere will want to meet around a coffee table and discuss.

I think what really irritates me the most is that I actually bought the stupid thing! I feel duped by the reviews! So to feel a little better I think I will give my own private review of the pathetic novel that shall remain un-named.

"The perfect read for those who crave a healthy portion of weak plot and awkward narrative interspersed with tired characters. A must-not buy!"

Ok...I feel better now. Thanks for letting me vent!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

This is what I love about you: You tell it like it is!!!

I think you should post the title in the comments so that it's not getting "front page" credit, but saves the rest of us from making the same mistake!

:)