Friday, October 19, 2007

Four-Eyes


When I tried them on, my friend from church who works in the shop told me to look in the mirror. I did and experienced a horrifying moment of heart-stopping shock. I have wrinkles in between my eyebrows, which, by the way, need to be plucked. My pores are rather obvious as are the numerous freckles. And not only is my foundation not doing its job on the spots, but it was a bit caked in areas I had not noticed in my previous state of ignorant bliss.

When I could breathe again, I said to my friend I didn't realize I had wrinkles. She laughed and said, if it was any consolation, it was just news to me. Everyone else has been seeing them for awhile.

Uhm, thanks...I feel so much better now.

But on the up side of things, I can actually see. And my husband tells me they are sexy!! Really, what more could I ask for?! (Other then lasik of course.)

5 comments:

Unknown said...

I like the specs. They look great!

Oh and your eye store friend sounds a lot like that friend of yours that told you it was time to start coloring your hair. Do you remember her? The one who opened up her big mouth and traumatized your oldest son, who thought that your friend was dissing you?

Why do friends think they can meddle like that?

Anonymous said...

Lasik? You've worn glasses for 15 minutes...your poor husband on the other hand has worn them for 24.5 years...and he has been at the front of the lasik line for a long time. No cuts!
Oh, and the line starts moving when J.'s braces are paid for...

Big D

Blue Skies said...

I love them! Thanks for posting a pic - it's been a long time since I've "seen" you and I think you look fabulous.

Lara said...

I don't see a single wrinkle and I think your specs make you look like C! (That is really YOUNG!)

cdub said...

you know, there are three things that make you cool when you're a kid:

1) getting braces
2) being on crutches
3) wearing glasses

as an adult, i have no interest in one or two, but let me tell you: only cool kids wear glasses, so welcome to the club, bub.