Monday, October 15, 2007

Date Night

Once thing I love about my life is our date night. It usually happens on Sunday night for us. It is a cherished tradition in my marriage and one I hope never, ever goes away.

It started several years ago. We knew our marriage would suffer without special alone time together but when our kids were younger the budget just didn't allow for babysitting on a regular basis. And so we decided to try some dates at home. All four kids were put in bed at 8:00 PM regardless of their regular bedtime and required to stay in their rooms to read or play quietly until their regular bedtime. They did a really good job leaving us alone and so began our weekly date night routine.

Today, we have the luxury of kids old enough to stay home alone or to babysit for the younger ones. (: But we still spend the majority of our date nights right here in our own home with all the kids going to their rooms for the night at 8:00 PM with a grin and a kiss goodnight.

Because it is such a highlight of my week, I am adding to my blog a page element called Cheap Yet Fun Dates. Most can be done in house, but some will require babysitting if you have younger ones. Glance over there every once in a while if you need an idea for your own date night. I will start with several of our favorites from the past. And if you have a Cheap Yet Fun Date idea of your own, please pass it along to me. I am always looking for new ways to date my husband.

2 comments:

TJ Wilson said...

Glad to hear you're keeping date nights a priority... a good reminder. And great for your kids to see modeled!

Blue Skies said...

I love, love, love the idea of a Sunday date night at home. Thanks for sharing your ideas, I look forward to them!!