Friday, October 5, 2007

This World Is Not My Home

"This world is not my home, I'm just passing through.
My treasures are laid up somewhere beyond the blue.
the angels beckon me from Heaven's open door
And I can't feel at home in this world anymore."


This is the first stanza of an old song from the 1960's by Albert Brumley. Reading through the words my tears are a mix of sadness and joy, pain and hope. This world is not my mom-in-law's home, her treasures are laid up in heaven, the last months have been a series of steps closer to her home-going, and she was ready. She died Tuesday morning at 10:20 and entered into the Presence of the Lord.

"I have told you these things so that IN ME you will have PEACE. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world." John 16:33

1 comment:

Unknown said...

meh,

The Mister and kids and I love you and D so much.

We are so sorry for you loss, and yet we are thankful God has taken her home and that she is no longer confined to the flesh but lives gloriously near the Saviour's side!

kellie