Thursday, February 28, 2008

Herding Cats

I have actually used that expression on occasion but until this morning I never truly understood it.

Hidey ran outside when Big D left for work this morning. It was a balmy 10 degrees. So when she gave me the Puss In Boots look from the other side of the french doors, I just couldn't resist. I had to let her in, even though I knew that would risk personal injury and possible death by cat fur/itchy eyes/allergy attack.

The cat has discovered the heating vent right next to our door. She really, really likes that vent! And no amount of gentle nudging or urging with my foot would get her to budge. So a little less then gently I shoved her off the vent and proceeded to try and herd her, with my feet, to the garage. The cat won't herd. Finally I end up stepping on her paw. If looks could kill!! I ended up carrying her to her domain in the garage. The bottom line is, she won and I lost. I do find it a bit pathetic that I lost a battle of the wills to a cat! But on the upside, my 4 kids are way easier to herd then Hidey!

No comments: