Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Disapointment and Discovery

Have you ever really looked forward to something only to find that when you get there it isn't as good as you imagined?

Yep! The shoes just weren't that great in person. They were darling on the model in the catalog online. But not so special hanging on a plastic hanger (!) on the wall. And so, the price tag just wasn't worth it.

Have you ever been really disapointed about something only to discover that just around the corner something special was waiting for you?

Yep! Across the room was an adorable little red trench coat calling out to me! I tried it on without even looking at the price tag! And then I exercised my birthday prerogative of spending way too much on a trendy item just because I want to!

If you happen to see it at Anne Taylor Loft, picture me in it as I dash from picking the girls up, to soccer, to basketball, to the store, to coffee, to Bible study, etc. Because I am looking forward to wearing the coat out this Fall!!

3 comments:

Lara said...

Would that be the double breasted cotten trench coat in merlot? VERY Cute and so you!!! But I think you need shoes to match...GO BACK! :)

Anonymous said...

Oh, big bummer about the shoes. But way fun about the coat!

Hope you had a great birthday!

Blue Skies said...

Happy Birthday!! I know I'm a little late but I hope your birthday was lots of fun. I got to shop at Ann Taylor Loft for my birthday recently as well. I found a fabulous dress on the sale rack that I cannot wait to wear with my splurge shoes from DSW in July. Everytime I see a red trench coat this year I'll think of you!