Thursday, June 18, 2009

Breakfast and a Wildlife Show

At around 9 AM just after I just finished my oatmeal, this is who showed up in our backyard together. Big D and I watched for about 5 minutes. I wasn't able to capture it all on camera, but in between these two pictures the young buck started acting like a teenage boy, "messing with" the sandhill crane family. He walked slowly and deliberately toward the cranes, just looking at them with his head down low. The daddy sandhill crane came forward and stared the buck down for a second and then finally shoo-ed it away from his family with flapping wings. Quite a show!



1 comment:

Unknown said...

Goodness! It like the Mutual of Omaha right in the back yard.

And I CAN"T BELIEVE how your baby cranes have grown! It makes me feel all sad that they will be leaving the nest soon....