Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Too funny to keep to myself...

I received the following forward from a friend, and it is just too funny to keep to myself!

When asked to draw a picture of what they wanted to be when they grew up, second-grader "Sarah" turned in the lovely drawing shown below. Needless to say, the teacher was a bit surprised -- Mrs. Smith had always seemed like such a conservative woman. So she sent a note home to the girl's mother asking for clarification as to the picture's meaning. (read Mom's reply below the picture)






Here's the reply the teacher received the following day:

Dear Mrs. Jones,
I wish to clarify that I am not now, nor have I ever been, an exotic dancer.
I work at Home Depot and I told my daughter how hectic it was last week before the blizzard hit. I told her we sold out every single shovel we had, and then I found one more in the back room, and that several people were fighting over who would get it. Her picture doesn't show me dancing around a pole. It's supposed to depict me selling the last snow shovel we had at Home Depot.
From now on I will remember to check her homework more thoroughly before she turns it in.
Sincerely,
Mrs. Smith

6 comments:

Unknown said...

This is so funny that I can barely type!!!!

Woman Interrupted said...

Love it! Those crazy babies! My SIL works at an elementary school and one of the kids told her (matter of factly,) that her daddy says she looks like the mailman.

Tiffani said...

I came over from kellie's blog...I needed a laugh and boy did I get one!!

That is soo funny...I used to teach school before being at home with my kiddos and def. had my share of "funnies"...

I used to tell my kids' parents.."I won't believe half the stuff they say about you if you don't believe half of what they say about me!" :)

Blue Skies said...

I love it. I have to say, I didn't catch the subtle meaning until I read the mother's reply - I'm dull that way! I was trying to figure out why all the kids in the picture were giving the woman money. (Shaking my head in wonder). Pictures sometimes say a thousand words you hadn't meant!

C D said...

That is tooo funny!! It kinda reminds me of the drawing of the scissors... I think I forwarded it to Kellie...

Thanks for sharing :D

Carrie in AZ

TJ Wilson said...

yes, this is hilarious!