Monday, June 2, 2008

37 Working on 18

That would be me, 37 years old working on 18 years of age!!

Last week I got to be a kid again. M's class does a trip each year and this year we went to the Cincinnati area. A Creation Museum and an Aquarium started us off. I was full of energy and willing to try anything. Including taking on any and every taker in Dance Dance Revolution at the pizza place where we had dinner afterwards. I was so 18 again!!

And then we spent the night at an incredible hotel with an inside water park. There were a gillion rides and I did them all, but suddenly at around 9:00 I realized that I was really more like a 25 year old then an 18 year old, so a group of us headed off to the hot tub. By the time we got out at 10:00, I had mysteriously aged another 5 years.

The next day we spent at the nearby theme park. As a 30 year old (in my own mind) I was boldly unafraid to face any and every roller coaster. Almost. After two consecutive runs on The Beast I had aged about 3 years. But I was still pretty impressed with myself and began to think that I could probably win that Guess the Age game pretty easy. The little blonde running that booth would have no clue that I was older then 33. Not a chance.

But, in the way these things go, by 3:00 in the afternoon I had actually screamed right past my own age of 37 and had hit about 45. I had hit the proverbial wall. We (my 2 buddies who are a bit more aged then I am) walked to the water park portion and found a nice grouping of chairs under a big umbrella and we took our shoes off, laid down, and took a little siesta surrounded by all the little bikini wearing, tanned and buff bodies of true 18 year olds. You know they were shaking their heads and saying to themselves, "NEVER!!!".

We had left at 4 AM on Wednesday and didn't get home until 1 AM on Friday. It was an absolute blast! Really. And I am still recovering. Seriously. I am actually on antibiotics and ibuprofen!! But at least I am back to my real age of 37. I have concluded that it isn't such a bad place to be!

2 comments:

Blue Skies said...

You remind me of those Disney commercials where two young girls are running around, laughing and having fun, then you see that one of them is actually the mom. It sounds like you really had a blast!

Becky said...

OMG you went to kings Island I love that place I think I was 18 the last time I was there.........glad you are back to your old self again :)