Saturday, May 24, 2008

I have to brag...

Last night, we were all out in the yard doing some gardening, throwing the baseball, and J was bossing Truck around. (She loves the power trip of telling the huge beast to heel and sit and fetch it up. She is such a girl!! And I already feel sorry for her future husband!!)

But then the boys started to feel destructive and decided they wanted to cut something down. Fortunately, we have about 10 dead trees in our front yard that have been just begging to be removed for the last 2 years. So with a dull axe and an even duller hatchet, my boys happily went to work. After hacking away for about 30 minutes, they decided it would be even funner to pull the trees down with the wench on Big D's truck. That occupied them for another 30 minutes. And meanwhile we were all getting very hungry. But there was no way I was leaving two teenage boys alone with a wench. (: (Sorry, I couldn't resist.)

This is where my proud moment comes in. C volunteered her services as chef. When she called us in, the table was set complete with flowers in the middle of the lazy susan. Spaghetti was our main course with buttered slices of french bread and a salad on the side. Drinks were at each place, which is something I always seem to forget until right when I sit down. It was so wonderful I could have cried!!

And that is why I had to brag!! I sure like my kids, every one of them!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a wonderful treat! I can't believe your kids are growing up.

Mrs. Moofish said...

That is a beautiful story! It blesses me so much. I have been struggling with the constant training of my little ones--I'm tired! But, your story reminds me what it is all for. They do get older and they are helpful, thoughtful creatures when you have invested in them! How old are your kids? How long do I wait for a moment like that? Just kidding. I have seen glimpses of that in my children, too. I think it is also beautiful, because you were struggling with being alone with all the kids all weekend (and I don't blame you!) and here you got a sweet little gift--that's just like the Lord! Thanks for sharing!

Becky said...

I call those moments" God winks"