Wednesday, May 20, 2009

The Explanation

So what prompted my little organized conversation with my daughter on my last blog?

She needed a sundress for a school concert. On Monday. And so Saturday morning we headed out for the dreaded shopping excursion.

Ok, so it was not exactly dreadful as a swimming suit quest. Or shopping for bra's. But still stressful! Have you seen the styles in the stores lately?

Four hours and 3 stores later, she had her cute sundress and I had the makings of the Mother-Daughter Conversation blog.

Honestly, I had a good time with her even through the stressful moments just because it was so darn fun to stress out WITH her instead of AT her, like I used to do when shopping with her as a toddler. We talked. We did a lunch break half way through (McDonalds...neither of us have outgrown that craving). We laughed a bit. It all worked out, didn't it!

No comments: