Tuesday, March 2, 2010

I am ALIVE!

But barely! Slammed more like it. And unfortunately, the hobbies are what get nudged out during seasons like this. At my new dr.'s office this morning I had to fill out paperwork as a new patient; the normal, run-of-the-mill questions about medical history and drinking habits, and then came a new question I wasn't expecting. She was curious to know what hobbies I enjoy.

Pause.

Pause.

Do you have to actually DO a hobby for it to BE a hobby?

And I tried to skip the question, but I couldn't, because it clearly stated at the top of the page to NOT leave any blanks and I am a TOTAL rule follower.

So I put down I enjoy reading and writing. Then I giggled. (Yes, out loud!) Then I committed to come home and post on my blog.

On the upside, I really do enjoy reading and writing, AND, I do believe I have at long last found a Dr. here in my neighborhood who doesn't annoy me!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I'm feeling the same thing! no time for reading and writing...its kind of irritating isn't it?

I would also like five minutes to be able to chat with you when you call....I miss you.

Yay! For Dr's in the hood who aren't annoying!