Tuesday, September 1, 2009

All is well!

It is 11:00 AM and all is well!

*I was up at 7:30, ate my oatmeal, did some laundry, had my quiet time, did some laundry, filed my nails, did some laundry, dusted...and am still in my comfy pajamas.
(Hope no one comes to the door!)

*My kids are still blissfully asleep.
(They must be growing. School starts next week so enjoy it now, kids!)

*The puppy is fast asleep.
(And has been for the last 3.5 hours so he must be growing too.)

*My kitchen is completely clean and the dish washer is whirring away. This is an accomplishment only made possible by the above two observations.
(By the way, no one is allowed to eat anything today at all after they wake up!)

*I redecorated the dining room/Big D's study without spending a dime.
(A little bit of this from the kitchen, a little bit of that out of my storage closet, rearranging some pictures, and voila...newly redecorated dining room. It was very therapeutic! You should try it!)




Note: The fluffy dog in the background on the kitchen counter above is indeed Dinkleman, Dublin's little stuffed animal. He is awaiting his appt. with the plastic surgeon to re-attach his ear.)

*And I am about to plug in Pride and Prejudice (the BBC edition) as I intend, drum roll please, to iron Big D's shirts.
(Pick yourself up off the floor, Big D, and get back to work! And for those of you who don't know me--I do many housewifely things but I don't iron. But today I will.)

Hope all is well in your day also!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Who are you, and what have you done with my wife? Here's hoping this ironing thing becomes a habit!!

Anonymous said...

Ironing? What's ironing?

Hope the rest of your day was as productive!