Monday, April 20, 2009

Gettin' Organized!

Don't get mad, get organized!! One of my friend's from way back Texas days used to say this to me on occasion. I have not a clue whether it was original to her but it was her motto, and it has really stuck with me through the years.

The last several weeks I have had occasion to feel mad/frustrated/angry/stressed over various "issues" and each time, this little phrase would just pop in my head. At long last I am going to get organized about gettin' organized and the day I have chosen to focus on it is...tada...Mondays!!

So here I go on getting organized:

Issue: I am fatigued and have been for awhile regardless of "eating right", regular exercise, reduction of stressor's in my life, and being right with God.

Organizational solution: Today I am starting my long term effort to increase my water intake to at least 8 glasses a day.

I hate to drink water, and I love to take the mickey out of my friends (really just Kellie) who drink enough water to fill aquariums. But drink water I will because the internet told me that dehydration is one cause of fatigue, and honestly I prefer to label myself as dehydrated rather then depressed, hypothryroid, or having lupus.

It is 2:45 and I have drunk 58 oz. of water (almost to my goal). Interestingly enough, I have pee-ed about 158 oz. of fluid (at least, it feels like it). Hmmm...I wonder if that is a problem.

Anyways! Fatigue is fast becoming the least of my issues! I am hoping I don't drown!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I am so glad to know that i am being organized when I drink my gallon of water each day.

(It may not be exactly a gallon, but pretty close)

It is now Tuesday, are you feeling hydrated yet?

meh said...

Kellie, for you, drinking water may not be so organized. But this is me talking! Honestly, still not feeling as hydrated as I would like, but visiting the old wash closet often. (: