Tuesday, October 21, 2008

A Very Strange Coincidence!

Several weeks ago I was apprehended by the law. I was doing 55 in a 45.

In my defense...and why I feel like you would care to hear that defense, I am not sure. Stories about tickets are kind of like birthing stories. If you have ever had one, you feel like you need to share it with everyone else. Sorry, I digress. Back to my defense: it was almost midnight and I was on a country road I had never driven on before and the speed actually was 55 at some point on that road. Apparently, it had stopped being 55 by the time I got to the little nook where the police car was hiding in wait for its prey.

ANYWAYS! I got the ticket. I was indeed guilty of speeding. I paid the ticket. I thought that was the end of the ticket. But for the last few weeks I have been getting spam on my personal email for gotocrazydriverticketschool.com (or something like that).

My question is, how do "they" know that I had a ticket? I didn't write down my email on the ticket or on the payment check. It is a very strange coincidence, don't you think?!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

What? That is crazy! The Gov't must sell their info!

Blue Skies said...

you know, I've wondered the same question about those emails. I think it is from some troll in our computers that looks at the websites we visit and then generates spam off of it. Try doing a spybot cleanout. So sorry about the ticket. I bet that keeps a parent humble when they have a driving age kid!